Step 1. Navigate to Coinbase Pro
- Log into your account
If you haven't used this computer in a long time or ever, you may see a screen like this:
If that is the case, you will want to click the confirmation email they sent you.
Step 2. Hover over your profile and Click API
Step 3. Click New API Key
Step 4. Create an API with the correct permissions
- Make sure you select View, Transfer, and Trade.
- Note: You will need to remember the passphrase, so make sure you create a strong one and store it somewhere.
- IP Whitelisting is optional, but a secure way to lock down your API keys.
- If you haven't setup Two factor authentication, check Step 5.
Step 5. Setup Two Factor Authentication (skip if you have already done this)
- Go to https://www.coinbase.com/settings/security_settings (yes it brings you out of Coinbase Pro)